There’s no doubt that winter is rough on the skin — dramatically drier air (plus less Vitamin D from the sun) brings on dull, dry, and cracked skin.
If there’s anything you should acknowledge about skincare in the winter, it’s the importance of keeping your skin hydrated. While light, airy moisturizers are useful in the warmer, humid months, dermatologists recommend switching to creams and soaps that actually help to strengthen the skin barrier during the winter months.
When we say “strengthen the skin barrier”, we mean these ingredients physically lock in moisture on your skin, fortifying its natural barrier.
It can be hard to find skincare products that fit the hydration-bill while also handling year-round issues like acne, redness, dullness, and fine lines. Did we mention how much harder it gets finding products that achieve all of these things — but are also safe, gentle, and derived from natural ingredients?
It gets way harder.
But that’s exactly why we love our MSM skincare line. Our MSM soap and moisturizing cream give your body the gentle, effective cleanse and moisture it needs — while treating even the most stubborn skin conditions at the same time.
So whether you’re looking to hydrate and brighten your skin, treat or prevent fine lines and wrinkles, ease and clear stubborn acne — or you just want a safe and gentle skincare routine that can effectively treat your skin year-round...
MSM skincare is for you.
What is MSM?
Methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM) is a rich, natural source of organic sulfur — a mineral that has many applications and benefits in the skincare world.
It’s often referred to as “Nature’s Beauty Mineral,” as it helps maintain and replenish the collagen in your skin. This allows it to keep your skin smooth, supple, and bright — effectively treating skin conditions such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dry and sensitive skin
You might be thinking, “How can it treat acne and prevent dry skin at the same time?” That’s a good question since most acne-fighting ingredients are known to dry up your skin’s natural oils.
Well, sulfur tends to be way more gentle than other acne-fighting ingredients. Its antibacterial properties allow it to clean up your pores and absorb excess oil on the surface — without drying out your skin (remember the part about strengthening your skin barrier?).
What are the benefits of MSM?
Although we’ve mentioned a few of the benefits of MSM by explaining what it is (always a good sign), let’s take a deeper dive. Your body naturally produces MSM, but like other vitamins and minerals, it helps to give your body’s production a little boost.
When used regularly in your skincare routine, MSM can:
- Boost your skin’s collagen and elastin. Collagen plays an essential role in the resilience and elasticity of your skin, but our collagen production starts to decline in our 20s-30s. MSM works to revitalize the collagen in your skin, helping to slow the signs of aging and improve your overall skin health.
MSM can also be taken as a dietary supplement. When taken as a supplement, your body quickly absorbs the mineral allowing it to help:
- Reduce inflammation and joint pain (from various forms of arthritis)
- Increase flexibility/range of motion
- Relieve nasal allergy symptoms
- Repair muscles and ease soreness after a workout
- Ease PMS symptoms
- Prevent and/or relieve osteoporosis
- Improve digestion
- Provide a boost of energy and focus
If you love MSM skincare products, consider asking your doctor about an MSM dietary supplement.
What other ingredients are in our MSM products?
Not all MSM products are created equal. Customers who have been with us from the beginning know that our MSM products are made with a little extra care. No matter how similar the other MSM skincare products may seem, our ALN crew will be the first to tell you — nothing quite compares.
- Pure aloe vera: a natural anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, and antiseptic that can help with dry skin, acne, burns, and dandruff.
- Botanical extracts: concentrated materials derived directly from plants — allowing us to take the benefits of that plant and infuse it into skincare.
- Vitamin A: a natural force that fights against UV radiation, aging, hyperpigmentation, acne, and collagen damage — while working to increase smoothness and hydration.
- Vitamin C: an antioxidant that’s become very popular in the skincare world — also used to protect the skin against UV light, aging, hyperpigmentation, and collagen damage.
- Vitamin E: a free-radical-scavenger that protects the skin from damage and the signs of aging — also a great ingredient for providing natural menopause relief.
- Soybean oil: another hydrating anti-inflammatory that works to build your skin’s natural moisture barrier and protect against the harms of UV radiation.
All of these ingredients work together with MSM to give you our unmatched product that works to wipe out impurities, unclog your pores, lock in moisture, and brighten your skin.
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
After explaining the importance of treating and hydrating your skin with amazing MSM skincare products, we couldn’t leave without reminding you to actually hydrate. As always, drinking enough water will work wonders for your skin — and your body in general.
So, as you look around at our MSM skincare line and get to know what all the excitement is about, we encourage you to do so with a tall glass of water.