There’s no doubt that June is a lively month. With warmer weather finally starting to stick, we hope you feel inspired and excited to spend more time outside and focus on your physical and mental health.
You already know that June marks the end of spring and the beginning of the free-spirited season of summer, but did you know that June is also “Beautiful in Your Skin” month?
It’s true, June is an entire month dedicated to enhancing your skin through nourishing skincare methods and cultivating strong mental health and confidence in your own skin. As a brand that walks with women through every stage of life — providing intentional skincare and menopause relief products to help you feel comfortable no matter what you’re going through…
It feels like Beautiful in Your Skin Month was made for us.
In light of the season, here are a few ways to get in the spirit and start June off on the right foot.
World Bicycle Day
June 3rd is World Bike Day, and we hope you’ll use it as an excuse to get out and about. What better way to enjoy the new warmth, long days, and lush greenery of the month?
To share a few little-known facts about this seemingly self-explanatory holiday:
- World Bicycle Day is meant to unify everyone around a simple pastime. It’s an opportunity to celebrate human innovation, social inclusion, and peace.
- The day acknowledges the “uniqueness, longevity, and versatility of the bicycle, which has been in use for two centuries.”
- It highlights the bicycle as a sustainable means of transportation that promotes both environmental stewardship and health (physical and mental).
- It reminds everyone that bicycles and other sustainable transportation systems show the potential for a future full of economic growth, equity, and sustainable development.
We hope this information inspires you to opt for two wheels (instead of four) a little more this month. After all, low-impact exercise works wonders for reducing stress, combating the symptoms of menopause, and sparking your confidence.
World Environment Day
It’s always the right time to celebrate and care for the planet. For those who think environmental protection is only celebrated on April 22nd, make it known that June has other plans. June 5th is World Environment Day, and although it tends to get overshadowed by Earth Day, it has its own unique, positive impact:
- Every World Environment Day is hosted by a different country and is centered around a different theme. Unlike Earth Day, these specific themes allow for unified, focused intention.
- The theme for 2021 is biodiversity, emphasizing the ways that all of our ecosystems are interconnected and the importance of protecting biodiversity.
- This year’s World Environment Day will mark the beginning of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration, “a global mission to revive billions of hectares, from forests to farmlands, from the top of mountains to the depth of the sea.”
To get involved, check out this list of scheduled events. In today’s digital age, you can join events hosted all over the world. Don’t forget, doing something good for the environment can lead to enhanced self-worth, making it a great way to celebrate Beautiful in Your Skin Month!
National Gardening Exercise Day
What better way to follow up World Environment Day than with a little gardening? June 6th is National Gardening Exercise Day, and you already know how much we love gardening.
It’s an amazing way to disconnect from a world that revolves around electronics, deadlines, and stress and reconnect with a new world full of vibrant, living organisms.
Growing and caring for a garden is good for the mind, body, and spirit. It allows you to get a little bit of low-impact exercise and feel pride in what you grow. So we hope you use National Gardening Exercise Day as an excuse to spend a little extra time in the garden and cook a delicious, healthy meal that you grew from the ground up.
World Oceans Day
To continue the well-deserved love for the planet, June 8th marks World Oceans Day. Scientists often refer to oceans as the “lungs” of the earth because they:
- Produce 54% of the world’s oxygen
- Act as a carbon sink, removing unwanted carbon from the atmosphere
- Make up 71% of the earth’s surface
- Provide a critical source of protein to 25% of people
It’s not always obvious, but oceans play a critical role in our everyday lives, and it’s time we all care for them the way they care for us. Right now, oceans face countless extreme environmental problems including (but not limited to) plastic pollution, chemical pollution, increased acidity, rising sea levels, and inhumane overfishing practices.
There’s no question that the sunshine, saltwater, and sea breeze you feel at the ocean works wonders for your skin health and mental clarity. It’s likely that at some point in your life, the ocean has not only provided you with a seafood dish or fun sea experience — it has delivered relaxation, peace of mind, unparalleled beauty, and priceless memories.
There’s no better way to celebrate Beautiful in Your Skin Month than to pay the oceans back for everything they do. You can get involved on June 8th by joining local and virtual events aimed at respecting and protecting the oceans.
Last but certainly not least, indulging in a self-care day with our MSM skincare products is one of the best (and easiest!) ways to celebrate Beautiful in Your Skin Month.
After all, MSM (a rich form of organic sulfur) is Nature’s Beauty Mineral. Not only do our MSM soap and MSM cream fight the signs of aging, soothe irritation and skin discomforts, and leave your skin feeling hydrated, supple, and smooth — they’re also created with the environment in mind.
By using one of nature’s richest forms of organic sulfur and other amazing ingredients derived from nature (namely, aloe vera, vitamin e, and botanicals), you can feel better about using our MSM products since they avoid harmful chemicals.
You probably notice a theme here: when you focus on your personal health and the health of the world around you — you’re promoting beauty from the inside out.
PIN FOR LATER!